6.7.06

The end of the week... >August Garritano's Facebook profile

Today is my day off!!! This past week has been great. St. Marks church(non-catholic) was the group that I was assigned to. They made my first week amazing. They raised the bar high for the next group. They all (at least what I can see) have been changed in some way or another being down here and serving their hearts out for Jesus. We went to the RIO yesterday and Yolanda(from St. Marks) translated the prayers into spanish that megan(fellow intern)and I were praying. It was awesome. When my group was walking down and through the RIO. Through all the huts, boards, trash we came to a house where we were going to invite this mother and her child to the baby outreach we were doing that day. Her girls asked us to come into their little home and pray for the mother. We all went in and sat down where we could find a seat. The mother came in and she spoke to Yolanda and Yolanda translated it to us. The woman was 7 months pregnant and she was having contractions. She had no form of transportation to the doctor nor any money to pay for a bus. we prayed for her and it was a divine moment in that little hut. God was there. When we were done and we were walking out we all took turns giving her hugs. I gave her a hug and whispered in her ear: El Senor esta aqui which means God is here. Yolanda gave her some money to take the bus to the hospital.
Yolanda is definatley a warrior for Jesus. I have been watching her all week- God has blessed me through Yolanda this week. Thank you God and thank you Yolanda.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

August, I'm so proud of you.

love and miss you.

--jami

July 06, 2006 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amoeba you're awesome!! Everyone misses you, but I know God is doing awesome things...your story about the woman in the hut is awesome, you're for sure in my prayers and just keep rocking on for Jesus! He is so pleased!

In Christ,
Amanda (ameeblove)

July 06, 2006 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh singing message (minus the singing of course)....I hope you don't mind...I hope you don't mind...that I put down in woooords, how wonderful life is...now AUGUST Is in the world!!!

July 06, 2006 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amoeba!!!!!
Oh my goodness I miss you to the utmost! I am so happy that you are doing amazing things and having an amazing time! I am sending a hug via comment!! Keep Moulin Rouge alive! I can't wait to see you at the end of this month! We leave for camp on Sunday so we will be praying for you there too! I love you and you are an amazing brother, son, fiance thing!! You are..spectacular spectacular the words are rather nacular!! teehehe! Bye

mucho lovo
Ameebling

July 06, 2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Judy Gregory said...

August,
Loved your post. You are incredible. We are all so very proud of you. Keep pressing into Jesus. Take advantage of every second you're there. You are loved. Judy

July 07, 2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger kasie said...

Hey august keep up the amazing work!

Camp was an absolute blast...it rained alot while we were there it was awesome!...

I hope your having a good time..

I'll be praying for you!

XOXO
Kasie

Give God all the Glory and honor and praise only He is worthy

July 15, 2006 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home