15.8.06

Culture shock >August Garritano's Facebook profile

Well...I have been home for almost 2 and a half weeks now and it was difficult transitioning back into the flow of life here in michiana. It was easy being on a schedule everyday from 8am-11:30pm in Mexico. Life back in the states is totaly different. I have a new outlook on things. I pray that I dont lose that and fall back to the old way I was living. My time in Mexico was revolutionary...it was a great experience that I hope to carry throughout the rest of my life. Seeing the poverty that I saw wrecked me, and Standing in Cadeyreyta (durinng the last week of July) I knew that I would never forget what I have been living the last four weeks. I made a promise with my creator that I would never stop helping the poor of this world. I will never cease to aid the 'least of my brothers.'
Last week when I went to the Leadership Summit 2006, I was listening to Bono talk about the AIDS crisis around the world and It hit me that I want to put forth whatever I can give for that cause.
AIDS today is like the Leprosy of Jesus' day. Jesus would be at the aid of the AIDS victims, why wouldn't I. I have felt this nudging for a while and I now know that I WILL help victims with AIDS in my lifetime. I dont want to waste a moment in serving God, and I want others to hold me accountable in that. I dont want to be lazy and live life to the minimum.


bring it on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Corey Mann said...

I love this statement. It is a movement within your life of what is most important. Well done, now what are you going to do with it all?
And, can I watch?

August 16, 2006 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home