22.8.06

Retrieving my calling... >August Garritano's Facebook profile

It was two years ago at Camp Adventure when I felt something inside of me stirring up. (You may know this story, but please stay with me). I felt the Holy Spirit move inside of me, like it had never done before. On that Wednesday night I had a revalAtion on what God had planned for me. The stirring inside was a small voice, a small nudge to say "yes". I knew then and there, that I wanted to be a pastor. I said "yes", and I t was a complete revalUtion of my life.
During the past two years, I have changed my mind in what I wanted to do so many times. I sort of put the plan GOD had for me aside; I put it on the shelf. People would ask me this famous question; "What do you want to do, August, when you're older?". I would respond with something new every time. I would say things like, "...oh...I think I want to study Geology, or...I'm going to get my degree in Music and become a music teacher, and sometimes....I want to get my P.h.D. in Philosophy and become a college professor."
My answers were always different and never really related. I kept wondering why God wouldn't help me out and give me a clue on what he wanted me to do. I was getting frustrated.

While in Mexico this past month I realized that my heart was yearning to help the poor of the world. I felt a burning inside me to go to Africa and give any aid that I could. So, with that in mind, I know that I am going to Africa (as it says in the last post), but I still didn't think that That was what I was going to college for,(missions). I thought about it a prayed and this is what I came up with:
I knew that I needed to retrieve something off the shelf. The very plan that GOD had for. I needed to turn to that and put aside the other ideas,(at least for now) , and focus on the path that God has for. I feel called to, want to, and am going to be a pastor. Now, I don't know if it will be in a church (probably not), but wherever God leads, I will follow-willingly.

August Garritano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home